Monday, July 8, 2013

Meretseger - Lover of Silence








When I opened the book to this page, I found a note from 19/10/1997 which said "Number one - best path to spirituality" with the date. Fascinating. I was 16 then, my whole life before me. And then instead of reading "Silence" when I made the picture, I read "Science" and I was like, wow. Lover of Science, being the best way to spirituality. What a spin out. Lately I have been thinking about a different style of Witchcraft, and if it is even possible - Scientific Witchcraft. I love that the term is traditionally an oxymoron.. not possible. But EVERYTHING is possible. We are only restricted by our imagination.

So then I make the picture, and see its not Science. Ooops. Instead of making a new one I changed the word - hence the stars - couldn't get the overlay the right green colour :)

And looking at the affirmations of Meretseger, they still sound like me right now. There are still values I can (and probably should) adopt here. And no, its not honesty! You can't bullshit a bullshitter blah blah.. but what if the stories are true?

Anyway,

Meretseger :)

  • Cobra goddess said to dwell on the mountain that overlooks the Valley of the Kings
  • Often depicted as a coiled snake or a snake with a human head, or even a female headed scorpion.
  • Meretseger is translated as "she who loves Silence" or "beloved of him (Osiris) who makes silence'.
  • Was often endowed with the guardianship of secluded tombs.
  • She is both  merciful and potentially dangerous - said to bring healing to those who are honest and respectful and retribution to those who are not.
  • Her colour is dark green
(Lawson, 1996)


Image:http://www.creaturemag.com/tag/ed-j-brown/

No comments:

Post a Comment