Friday, July 12, 2013

The Sphinx - The Sands of Time


Well this is the last entry in the Eye of Horus divination book... I've really enjoyed going through each of these, learning some of the basics :) And there are still more I want to do too. I've heard of Thoth - so I will look into him. There are a couple of others, I can't think of their names right now. I sort of feel sad in a way - but now I can move into deeper stories... I've already looked into Isis and some more to share there... hope you enjoyed them :) Feel free to suggest any that I should cover or look into!

So here we are with the Sphinx:
  • The Sphinx is a composite creature with a lion's body and a human head.
  • The most famous of the Sphinxes is the Great Sphinx at Giza which is thought to date from the reign of Khafre, the fourth king of the fourth dynasty.
  • However it is also thought that the Great Sphinx and the Pyramids of Egypt were built long before then by a highly evolved people from a forgotten time.
  • The Great Sphinx has witnessed numerous changes and is the guardian of many secrets.
(Lawson 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment