Saturday, September 6, 2014

Will you come? Do you dare?

~ Ariadne ~

In the deepening twilight
She stands
Just inside the entrance
To her cave, ...
Beckoning

"Come," she softly calls
"Follow me."
"But I'm afraid," you tell her
"I fear I will be lost in there
"And they say that there are Minotaurs."

You peer into the labyrinth
Behind her
The twisting passages
Winding away
To nothing....

Out here the familiar world
Crashes on.
The Sea of Sexism,
the City of Doom.
She lifts her proud dark gaze in scorn
" 'Tis there one meets the Minotaur."

In the shadow gleams her crescent crown
A snake stirs at her breast
And in her hand she holds the Thread
Unravelling a strand
And offering...

Will you come
Oh my sister
Will you come?

From Ariadne's Thread: A workbook of Goddess Magic, by Shekhinah Mountainwater

Zenefertiti
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment