Thursday, July 24, 2014

~ Card of the Day ~ Oracle of Visions ~

~ Card of the Day ~ Oracle of Visions ~

What do you see when you look at this card? What is the message it is telling you? I would love to hear it!

I love it :) How gorgeous! Ciro Marchetti's work reminds me so much of Salvador Dali ~ if he were to come out of the desert with his dripping clocks and propped up sleeping heads and find himself in the middle of 70s glam rock meets Victorian Steampunk.

When I see this card, I think of dreams - and lucid dreaming. The ocean for me represents the subconscious. The woman on the beach is on the edge - we also have the elements of land, sea and sky. And the rainbows! What is through that window? If it were a lucid dream - I would try and fly up to the windows - but then, knowing how my lucid dreaming goes, I get all excited that I'm actually conscious in the dream and then lose focus and concentration lol and end up in the water. Mmm... probably something symbolic in that.

So what is the message for me today? I have a bunch of assignments due asap - and a. I need to stop looking toward the fantastical window in the sky, and b. don't let self doubt stop me from trying to achieve those dreams (the long term uni goal). I should still try and fly and reach the goal... lol in this way the window becomes opposite - it becomes the goal - in which case I should keep my eye on it!

The other interesting thing - and I have anxiety doing assignments because Im such a perfectionist, it really does stop me from starting things in case I fail or get them wrong - Ciro's meaning of the card reminds me of something Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita - that we need to have emotional detachment from the outcomes of things, so that we don't worry about them and just do them. Yep - definite message for me there :) I love these cards!

Here is Ciro's meaning:

~ Card 16 – Distance, Isolation, Perspective ~ 
“Distance not only gives nostalgia, but perspective, and maybe objectively.” Robert Morgan

Physical distance, or emotional detachment serve to give us a greater comprehensive view. Distance may also provide a clearer overall perspective than a close-up would. From this vantage point we can often get “the big picture” and reach different conclusions.

A solitary woman strolls a desolate beach, her isolation providing a point of reflection. Distanced from the influence of others, this is a scene of personal contemplation. The floating monoliths provide perspective and suggest the distances with greater emphasis than would an empty sky. Perhaps representing issue in her life, their distance reinforces her isolation but may also provide her with the perspective and clarity of vision that she is seeking.

We need to strike a balance when assessing a situation. Are we too closely involved? Or, should we step back?

From the Oracle of Visions :)

<3 Zenefertiti

No comments:

Post a Comment