Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Introducing the Paganesque Moon Project

 
Our world is in trouble - humanity has become so disenfranchised from Mother Earth, the Divine Source and our own inner selves over the last few thousand years - and we are on the brink of a spiritual implosion.

I look at current events, and the media and the stereotypes, gender roles and unrealistic expectations we place on ourselves, and genuinely worry about the future for my children and grandchildren. I see how my own children, ages 7 and 8, act and interpret the world around them, and my role in that world.

It's more than mother-guilt - it's a genuine feeling of - these little people are our future, and it is up to us to guide the next generations with Spirit - so they can heal the planet and bring us all back on course.. to the Source (lol - poet and I sorta did know it... ).

I myself have met and been inspired by the beautiful Stacey Demarco and her NatureLuster Project and want to expand on that - but with a self-guided sort of exploration into the Moon and how her cycle affects mine - not just on that '28 day menstrual flow' perspective, but the whole emotional, spiritual, physical and mental cycles we seem to all go through.

Does that make sense?

Unfortunately googling 'ways to become in tune with the Moon' will lead you to the Moonflow mysteries lol, but there has to be more to it than that - something guys can relate to as well. Its not just about reproductive cycles, it's an exploration into the psyche.

But I'm new at this too - so really, I'm no expert. I've been studying paganism and witchcraft in a dedicated fashion for the last few years - before then it was haphazard :) There is so much information out there, and it isn't necessarily about being a Witch or whatever - I personally want to feel connected. Positive. Know that the cycles of life happen, and move forward and find happiness and raise good children.

So I propose this. How about we keep it simple?

The New Moon starts this weekend - and I am going to spend the next Lunar month reflecting on the Moon and me. And in case you are interested - I will blog about it, and you might like to do it too!

This is what I will do:

1. Everynight, without fail, from my window or going outside, I will spend a few minutes saying good night to the moon.

2. I will read the Moonflower daily moon phase updates on Paganesque and reflect how my day, my thoughts or emotions coincide (or are completely different from) what she says in the updates. (They are really good by the way! She writes greeeeeaaaaat updates :) )

3. I will keep a diary and track my emotions, feelings, significant thoughts, worries, events and body over the month to see if there are any patterns.

And that is it. Sounds simple. Are you interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment