Thursday, July 31, 2014

~ Card of the Day ~ Oracle of Visions

Today's Card of the Day is from Ciro Marchetti's Oracle of Visions ... What do you see in this card? What is happening?
And how does it apply to your life, or your day?
 
It doesn't need to apply to something serious, like spirituality or inner growth - it could be something simple like, looking for car keys and not realising they are near your bird cage!

 
 
This card reminds me of the 8 of Swords - why? This figure is loosely bound, and there is a sword lol. Is it Pegasus? I need to brush up on Greek Mythology - I haven't looked at the meaning in the book yet - but it looks like he is tangled up in something - and because I see swords as air - thoughts, communication - I'm seeing writers block getting in the way of his dreams (he can't fly cos he is tangled).
 
It's all an illusion.. we aren't bound - we can shake off the pretty red ribbon and fly if we want to. Perhaps we are looking for excuses not to act? Closing off our eyes, and mind to what needs to be done, or what we really want to do.
 
This really resonates with me because I've been struggling with Uni this past week - trying to get assessments done - but losing interest and wondering what am I going to do with my life? The core problem is why I can't do these assessments? Is this what I am meant to be doing? It is amazing the difference a day or two can make... I pulled my finger out last night and actually handed something in. My trap is procrastination and self doubt - but I pushed through it cos I really do want to graduate so ... moving on :)
 
 
ok.. so here is the official meaning of the card:
 
Entrapment - Limitations - Restrictions - Complications
 
"We have more ability than willpower, and it is often an excuse to ourselves that we imagine that things are impossible." Francois de la Rochefoucauld
 
We are entangled by obstacles, real or imagine, that restrict our wishes and actions. Whether by ignorance, self-doubt or a paralysing fear, we allow them to control, limit or imprison us. If we could just summon the strength of will and confront them, we might face them down, and ultimately overcome them. In doing so we are free to fly once more.
 
This is an angel without flight, her wings entangles by troubles, obstacles and fear. In her suicidal pose, red ribbons entwine her wrists like streak of blood. But her entrapment is a consequence of her own fear. Blinded by anxiety, she is unaware that the nearby sword could be used to cut her ties and set her free to fly once more.


So what did you think? Would love to hear your comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment