Thursday, June 20, 2013

~ ISIS ~ Mother of Magic and Majesty

This one is my favourite so far. I love Isis, and definitely look forward to learning more about her :) I'm a bit so-so with the photo used, I really like it for colour etc.. but I don't really like the sexualisation of her.. I don't know, does that make me a prude? I chose this photo because it was one where the words would stand out.. and it was eye-catching :)



So what does the Eye of Horus tell us about Isis?
  • Isis is the daughter of Geb and Nut, sister and consort to Osiris and ruled by his side. She is mother to Horus.  
  • She embodies the Divine Mother, like Kali and Durga in Indian culture and the Virgin Mary in Christianity.
  • The hieroglyphic symbols shows her royal bearing or influence over the kingship of Egypt.
  • The cow horns represent her maternal power, legend has it that she would turn into a cow.
  • Her colour is bright blue.
(Lawson 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment