Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lakshmi - Hindu Goddess of Abundance and Properity

On the 11 April, I found the Prosperity Project featuring a Lakshmi mantra. I knew nothing about Lakshmi.... :) This is what I wrote on Serendipitous Zenefertiti...
 

I'm broke. I will get through this... the New Moon is a great time for rituals for abundance - not just in monetary form, but the abundance of the universe.

While googling abundance I found the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi - the Goddess of Prosperity and Abundance. The rital is to repeat 108 times, at sunrise, the following chant for 40 days.

"Om Shrim Maha Lakshmiyei Namaha"
...
(pron- Om -Shreem-Maha-Luck-shmee-yay-namaha)

Translation:
“Om and salutations to She who provides abundance.”

Affirmations: “I am abundance,” “I live in an abundant universe,” "I have everything I need."

I'm going to try it.
And please, if I have it wrong, let me know. I don't know the first thing about a lot of things... and my mind is fairly open. The last thing I want to do is offend the Goddess Lakshmi!  






29 May 2013
I have been doing this for a couple of weeks now - still going for a few more. It has become my morning ritual, and I feel like I am noticing more of the abundance and prosperity the universe is bestowing upon me

I light a candle each for the Goddess and God, and then a green one for Lakshmi. I visualise some big bills being paid and smile and try my best to feel gratitude and happiness.. not easy when the kids are screaming in the other room!

I think putting these positive vibes out there is working - Im getting extra shifts at work, more payments from elsewhere and when we had $1 left till payday, and I was starting to worry about bread and petrol, my partner had a very small win on lotto (which is heaps till payday).
 
A great thing is, it takes 3 - 4 weeks to make a habit.. and now I am in the habit of waking up and sitting at my altar and honouring the Universe.. There are many mantras, meditations and the like that are open to me now. I used to tell myself it was too hard with the kids running around outside my bedroom door, but I am lucky they leave me alone for the most part :)

So it just goes to show, how powerful hope and positive thinking is. Even if all these things were going to happen anyway, they are still gifts from the Universe, only now, my eyes are open to them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment